Rajasthan Royals (RR) vs Chennai Super Kings (CSK)
13th Edition of Indian Premier League 2020 already witnessed the high score match on Tuesday i.e 22nd September 2020. Rajasthan Royals Scored 216/7 in 20 overs and in reply Chennai Super Kings made 200/6 in 20 overs.
RR had a very good second wicket partnership between SPD Smith (69) and SV Samson (74) which laid a good foundation score of 216. The end for Rajasthan Royals was spectacular with back to back 4 sixes from JC Archer helped to reach that score. In 20th Over RR scored 30 Runs with 4 continuous sixes.
Rajasthan Royals would have expected more runs due to a good stand between Smith and Samson, however due to collapse in the middle order their expectation got changed.
Rajasthan Royals Batting Details:
- YBK Jaiswal (6 of 6 balls)
- SPD Smith (69 of 47 balls)
- SV Samson (74 of 32 balls)
- DA Miller (0 of 0 balls)
- RV Uthappa (5 of 9 Balls)
- R Tewatia (10 of 8 Balls)
- R Prag (6 of 4 balls)
- TK Curran (10 of 9 Balls)
- JC Archer (27 of 8 Balls)
Chennai Super Kings Bowling Details:
- DL Chahar (4 overs 31 Runs 1 wicket )
- SM Curran (4 overs 33 Runs 3 Wickets)
- L Ngidi (4 Overs 56 Runs 1 Wicket)
- RA Jadeja (4 Overs 40 Runs 0 Wicket)
- PP Chawla (4 Overs 55 Runs 1 Wickets)
In order to reach a huge score Chennai Super King started brilliantly with the first wicket partnership of 56 runs between Shane Watson and M Vijay in 6 overs. But the wickets continue to fall with small partnership and the run rate continuously increases. Brilliant batting by F du Plessis didn’t help CSK to reach the target ( 72 of 37 balls with 1 four and 7 sixes). Captain Cool MS Dhoni hit 3 sixes in the last over, by then it was too late to win the match. Overall CSK batted well to give a tough competition to the huge score.
Chennai Super Kings (CSK) Batting Details:
- M Vijay (21 Runs of 21 Balls)
- SR Watson (33 Runs of 21 Balls)
- F du Plessis (72 Runs of 37 Balls)
- SM Curran (17 Runs of 6 Balls)
- RD Gaikward (0 of 1 Ball)
- KM Jadhav (22 of 16 Balls)
- MS Dhoni (29 of 17 Balls)
- RA Jadeja ( 1 of 2 Balls)
Player of the Match: Sanju Samson
Indian Premier League Points – Rajasthan Royals 2, Chennai Super Kings 0
Stay Tuned of more updates